Thursday 9 July 2009

Fairtrade Fashion Show at St Benedict's School

Last night St Benedict’s School held a Fairtrade fashion show, where the Tanzanian stand made an appearance. On the stall were Laura, Naomi, Ben, Daniel Johnstone, Mary, myself and a couple of others. Despite not drawing huge crowds, it was good fun. After selling a few necklaces and badges, watching a drum performance and a brief parade of the Fairtrade clothing, it was our turn to entertain. We got everyone dressed up in shirts and kangas and all had a go at the songs and dances. Even though I was only vaguely familiar with them, it wasn’t in the least bit embarrassing (even being sung to in Swahili). It’s such a shame that the Tanzanians couldn’t be here, but I think I can speak for everyone when I say we really enjoyed ourselves.

By Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment